News & Info
Please find below the latest in any news regarding elections in the Parish of Acadia.
Municipal Primary and Municipal General Election will be held March 25, 2017 and April 29, 2017.
The following is important information for the March 25, 2017 primary:
- qualifying period is January 11, 2017 – January 13, 2017 in the Clerk of Court’s office from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- state candidates qualify in the executive offices of Secretary of State Tom Schedler at 8585 Archives Ave., in Baton Rouge (hours are 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.)
- local and municipal candidates qualify with the clerk of court in the parish in which they are registered to vote (contact your local clerk of court for office hours)
- view a list of qualifying fees (payment must be in the form of cash; certified or cashier’s check on a state or national bank or credit union; United States postal money order; or money order issued by a state or national bank or credit union
- download the fillable qualifying form
- early voting is March 11, 2017 through March 18, 2017 (except Sunday) from 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. for the March 25, 2017 Municipal Primary election.
- early voting is April 15, 2017 through April 22, 2017 (except Sunday) from 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. for the April 29, 2017 Municipal General election
Polling Place (voting precinct) now has new hours for voting. For all non-federal elections (usually Saturday), voting hours are from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. For Federal Elections (usually Tuesday), voting hours are from 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.